Crate Skills: Good
Leash Skills: Unknown
Energy Level: Medium - High
Cuddly, smart, playful
Basic training, house training
Adoption Fee: $750
Mandatory Training: All Taffy's Legacy dogs requires a home that can commit to their training with a professional trainer to set dogs up for success. We have partnered with Training Dogs Online to give Taffy's Legacy adopters 50% off to their lifetime program, however we can also recommend other great local or online programs. Adoptions will not be finalized till we have proof of signing up with a training program that we approve of.
Vetting: Bagel is fully vetted and has no known health concerns. He will be neutered at 6 months old, covered by Taffy's Legacy.
Bagel is being fostered in Cambridge, Ontario
Birthdate: Nov, 21 2022
Weight: 70-80 lbs as adult
Bagel (M) is a 3mo old Mastiff mix.
His foster home says:
"Bagel is a curious and fearless puppy with springs for legs. He loves bouncing, jumping around, and playing / tumbling around with his foster siblings even when things get a little rough during playtime. He is very cuddly and will match your energy, but is more than happy just to lay down and cuddle against you. He is pushing his boundaries when it comes to going on the couch, but has very quickly learned what "Off" means. He is a very intelligent puppy, and time invested into his training very quickly pays off with results!"
First Impressions of Bagel:
- loves other dogs and is very playful with them
- doesn't seem interested in cats
- has no issues meeting strangers and loves people
- is crate trained, and happily runs inside it when told "home"
- is puppy pad trained, and in the process of being trained to go bathroom outside
- while in the crate can sometimes be whiny, but only for short durations unless he needs to potty
- is currently teething so routinely needs to be given some chewy toys so he doesn't chew anything important
- knows sit (verbal and hand signal), down (with motion), home (in place of crate) and Off (he loves couches).
- is food motivated, does most of his training through meal times and will follow you around if he thinks there is a reward
- is in his exploration phase
- loves jumping